Could gas be making my baby fussy?
Three out of 4 babies suffer from painful infant gas. Gas bubbles can often cause discomfort, leading to crankiness and crying. Many babies suffering from infant gas pull their legs up, lying in a curled position in an effort to relieve the discomfort. Infants' MYLICON® Drops can provide safe, effective relief for your baby’s gas.
*Use only as directed. Do not exceed 12 doses per day.
What are the common signs of infant gas?
- Your baby is crying even though you’ve already changed and fed her.
- Your baby has a hard time burping or spits up a lot.
- Your baby is kicking/pumping her legs.
- Your baby’s belly looks bloated or full.
- You’ve tried more than one bottle/nipple type.
- You’ve switched formulas to help with fussiness.
*If you are unsure, or if your baby has a fever, it could be something more serious than gas, so talk to your healthcare professional.
How Can I minimize my baby's chances of getting infant gas?
- Avoid "gassy" foods such as beans, bran, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, caffeine, and onions while you are nursing. These can cause your infant to get gas.
- Avoid feeding your baby cow's milk, as it can cause infant gas.Talk to your pediatrician about other options.
- Make sure the nipple is the right size if you are bottle-feeding. If the nipple is too large, it will make your baby eat too fast; if it's too small, it will cause your baby to gulp air.
- Burp your baby every one to two ounces during feedings, or before switching breasts if nursing.
- Burp your baby up against your shoulder, face down across your lap, or sitting upright on your lap, supporting her head and chest as you gently pat her back
- Avoid jostling or playing vigorously with your baby after feedings.
- Encourage quiet time after your baby eats.
- If your baby is prone to getting gas, don't forget, MYLICON®-Brand is
safe enough to give with every feeding*.
* Use only as directed. Do not exceed 12 doses per day.
How can I relieve my baby’s gas?
- Hold your baby gently, but securely, over your arm in a face-down position, known as the "gas hold."
- Give your baby an anti-gas medicine to break down gas bubbles.
MYLICON® - #1 brand recommended by pediatricians and used by moms for infant gas relief
Pediatricians choose Infants' MYLICON® Drops for safe and effective relief of infant gas. Infants' MYLICON® Drops work gently to break down gas bubbles in minutes and are safe because they are not absorbed into your baby’s system.
Infants' MYLICON® Drops contain no saccharin, no alcohol, and no artificial flavors. Infants' MYLICON® Drops Non-Staining Formula also contains no artificial colors.